Director of MSc in Luxury Management and Marketing Program
DBA Advisor at emlyon business school
Dr. Phan is Professor of Luxury Marketing at emlyon business school and Director of MSc in Luxury Management and Marketing Program. Prior to joining emlyon, he was LVMH-ESSEC Chair Professor at ESSEC Business School (Paris campus). Dr. Phan is an expert in luxury marketing field with extensive international academic and professional experiences in the luxury industry, across all sectors (leather goods, perfumes and cosmetics, fashion and accessories, selective distribution and retailing, and wines and spirits). He has been Editor-in-Chief of Luxury Research Journal (Inderscience Publishers) since 2014.
Dr. Phan is specializing in luxury customer experience, luxury services, social media applied to luxury brands, and luxury automobile industry. He has consulted for many international companies, including Hermès International, Mastercard Asia-Pacific, UNESCO, Louis Vuitton, Estee Lauder, Miu Miu China, Cartier China, Ralph Lauren China, etc.
- 2004 Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm
- International Teachers' Program Diploma (ITP)
- 2003, Ph.D. University of New South Wales, Sydney
- 1994, MBA, Monash University, Melbourne
- 1987, BA, University of Ulster, Belfast
- Luxury customer experience
- Luxury services
- Social media applied to luxury brands
- Luxury automobile industry
- Luxury Customer Experience
- Luxury Brand Management
- Marketing Essentials