Director of emlyon business school Global DBA (with Durham University)
Dr. Assimakopoulos is a full Professor at emlyon business school and founding Director of the EML Global DBA. He also serves as the President of the European Doctoral programmes Association in Management and Business Administration (EDAMBA), a faculty at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), a senior expert and Board member for the EFMD European Quality Link (EQUAL). Prior to joining EML, he worked as a senior professor, associate dean for research and director of DBA programs in Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM).
Dr. Assimakopoulos has been educated in civil engineering, architecture, planning and economic sociology in Greece, UK, France and the USA. His research has focused on the management of collaborative networks for technological and organizational innovation, the origins and evolution of technological communities in the context of emerging knowledge-based regional and industrial ecosystems. Dr. Assimakopoulos has led or participated in several multi-million euros projects with world class organizations, such as CERN, Fraunhofer ISI, STMicroelectronics and Airbus group. He has been a European Commission ‘Marie Curie’ ESR and principal investigator, a visiting scholar in Sociology and the Asia Pacific Research Center at Stanford University, as well as a visiting professor in several Universities in the UK and China. He has published many books, chapters, project reports and articles in scholarly and professional journals. Teaching has varied focusing early on business geographics, GIS & MIS; and more recently on doctoral studies focusing on research design, quali- / quanti-tative methods, supervised to successful completion fifteen PhD and DBA theses.
- 2002 Accreditation to Direct Research (H.D.R.) in Economics,
- University of Grenoble (Université Pierre Mendes France)
- 1997 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) University of Sheffield , UK
- 1992 Master of Architectural Studies, University of Sheffield, UK
- 1989 Diploma of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, Greece
- I. Technology & Innovation Management
- II. ICT-enabled diffusion and Knowledge Management
- III. International Science and Technology Policy
- IV. Doctoral education in Management & Business Studies
- business geographics
- research design
- qualitative method
- quantitative method