About emlyon business school
Founded in 1872 by the Lyon CCI, emlyon business school has an enrollment of 8,900 students of 121 nationalities over 6 campuses worldwide (Lyon-Ecully, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Paris, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai). emlyon draws on a Faculty of 170 international professors and researchers, and a network of 190 global academic partners, to provide learning tracks of excellence and open to the world. emlyon runs a 3 community of 37,500 alumni spread out in 130 countries.
As a Société à Mission since July 2021, emlyon’s raison d’être consists in: “providing life-long training and support to meaningful individuals able to transform organizations, for a fairer society, with more solidarity and respect for the planet.” In its early makers pedagogy, action and reflection are closely intertwined. Skill hybridization and social responsibility are at the heart of its training programs, where the best of both socio-economic and academic worlds meet.
The year 2007 saw the inception of emlyon business school Asia in Shanghai. The school currently offers overseas bachelor and master programs, GEMBA and GDBA courses, and diversified EDP courses. In 2013, emlyon Asia joined hands with Beijing University of Post & Telecommunication, China’s most prestigious institute of higher learning in electronic information, initiating the BUPT-emlyon GEMBA program. In 2015, emlyon, together with China’s double-first-class East China Normal University, Minhang District government of Shanghai City and Shanghai Zizhu National High-tech Industrial Development Park, founded Asia Europe Business School. In 2021, emlyon Asia and Shanghai International Studies University jointly built the SISU-emlyon Dual-Degree MBA program.
In building an industry-university-academia triple helix ecosystem and training international industry leaders, emlyon business school has established a number of centers, including Good Business Centre (GBC), Centre for the Eurasian Sport Industry (CESI) and Global HR & Organization Innovation Center (GHOIC) and Business Intelligence Center (BIC). More research centers will be set up to realize resource sharing and value creation.
Early makers are people who can take their destiny into their own hands, who shape and mould their existence as part of a collaborative process, moving from “Do It Yourself” to “Do It Together”. They are innovators who can bring their projects to fruition, who move from concept to prototype, who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again, and learn as they go.
Rankings & Accreditation
- #1 Innovation and Entrepreneurship, #4 MSc in Management, Le Parisien Top Business School Ranking 2019
- #2 in France，HappyAtSchool Ranking 2022
- #2 in France, Le Point Ranking 2019
- #2 business school in France, Times Higher Education (THE) Global University Employability Ranking 2020
- #6 in France, #29 worldwide, Customised Programmes, Financial Times Executive Education Rankings 2020
- #20 in Europe , Financial Times European Business School Rankings 2020
- #59 worldwide, #4 in CSR category, Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2020
- #3 in France, #79 worldwide, Financial Times
- #3 in France, 2021 Shanghai Ranking
- #4 in France #8 worldwide, Masters in Marketing, QS Business Masters Ranking 2021
- #4 in France #10 worldwide, Masters in Management, QS Business Masters Ranking 2021
- #4 in France #16 worldwide, Masters in Finance, QS Business Masters Ranking 2021
- #4 in France #30 worldwide, QS EMBA Rankings 2021
- #4 in France, l’Etudiant Top Business Schools Ranking 2018
- #3 in France, l’Etudiant Top Business Schools Academic Ranking 2018