emlyon business school
Founded in 1872 by the Lyon Chamber of Commerce, emlyon business school welcomes 7,260 students, representing over 90 nationalities, and 6,200 managers in its professional development programs. The school has six campuses in France and abroad (Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Casablanca, Shanghai, Paris, Bhubaneswar), and can draw on a network of 181 international academic partners. In addition, it maintains a community of 32,000 alumni in 120 countries.
emlyon business school’s mission is to develop ‘makers,’ agents of transformation with a flair for teamwork, who anticipate, link worlds, handle and cultivate ideas, and see things and take action before others. This notion of ‘maker’ reflects the vision of the entrepreneur endorsed by emlyon business school: a maker tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again, and learns as they go. emlyon business school strives to cultivate these skills in a next-generation approach that combines the production and dissemination of excellence in academic research with the creation of innovative curriculums.
Early makers are people who can take their destiny into their own hands, who shape and mould their existence as part of a collaborative process, moving from “Do It Yourself” to “Do It Together”. They are innovators who can bring their projects to fruition, who move from concept to prototype, who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again, and learn as they go.
Rankings & Accreditation
- #4 in France, l’Etudiant Top Business Schools Ranking 2018
- #3 in France, l’Etudiant Top Business Schools Academic Ranking 2018
- #3 in France, Master in Finance, QS Business Masters Ranking 2019
- #3 in France, Master in Management, QS Business Masters Ranking 2019
- #2 in France, Le Point Ranking 2019
- #2 business school in France, Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2019)
- Top 55 in Europe, Financial Times European Business School Rankings 2019
- #9 business school in France, Le Parisien Top Business School Ranking 2019