Assistant Dean in the Faculty of Business and Law
Adjunct Professor at emlyon business school
DBA Advisor at emlyon business school
Dr. Hao Tan is an Associate Professor in the University of Newcastle Australia, where he also serves as Assistant Dean International in the Faculty of Business and Law which comprises Newcastle Business School and Newcastle Law School. He had worked with other Australian universities including Macquarie U, UTS and U Western Sydney. Prior to coming to Australia, Prof Tan had worked in industries in China for a number of years. He has published in many leading academic journals, including Nature (in 2014 and 2016), Foreign Affairs and over 30 articles in leading management journals. He has been a visiting professor/visiting fellow in Tsinghua University, Nankai University, National Tsinghua University (Taiwan), Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in UC Berkeley, and Institute of Development Studies in the UK. He is a recipient of an ARC Discovery Project grant in Australia, and received teaching excellence awards in his Faculty in 2016 and 2019. He writes frequently for a number of influential English and Chinese-language media outlets, such as UK Financial Times’ China website and Australia’s theConversation.com.
- Doctor of Business Administration, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Macquarie University, Sydney, 2008
- Master of Business Administration, Jinan University (Guangzhou, China), 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Guizhou University of Technology (China), 1993
- policy and international relations in energy and resources sectors
- energy transition; circular economy
- Business Forecasting (UG course),
- Strategic Management (UG course),
- Cross Cultural Management and Negotiation (UG course), Engineering Management (PG course),
- International Business Strategy (PG course),
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (PG course),
- Theory in International Business (Honours degrees course), Literature Review (Doctor-level course), etc.