Associate Dean for Research of emlyon business school
DBA Advisor at emlyon Business School
Dr. Bertoni is Professor of Corporate Finance and the associate dean for research of emlyon business school. His research activity is mostly focusing on the relationship between financing and firm performance. He has devoted particular attention to the effect of venture capital, leveraged buyouts and guaranteed loans on firm’s growth, patenting and investments. He has also studied sovereign wealth fund asset allocation and the effect of sovereign wealth fund investments on credit risk.
Dr. Bertoni’s work has been published in many leading international journals, including Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Journal of Banking and Finance, Research Policy, Small Business Economics, Management International Review, European Financial Management, etc. He teaches Corporate Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance, Empirical Corporate Finance for master and executive programmes.
- 2015: Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA Association
- 2005: Chartered Financial Analyst - CFA Institute
- 2004: PhD in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2000: Degree in Management Economics and Industrial Engineering - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Venture capital, growth and innovation
- Financial constraints of young high-tech companies
- Leveraged buyouts
- Asset allocation of sovereign wealth funds
- Sovereign wealth funds and credit risk
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Empirical Corporate Finance