Globalized Early Makers in the Digital Age
The digital revolution on the move is hitting all kinds of industries across the world, subverting traditional business models and inventing new disciplines. And those with both awareness and capability of innovation will become truly scarce resources.
In 2012, approved by the Ministry of Education of China and the State Council Academic Degrees Committee, emlyon business school based in France, one of the most historical and respected business schools in Europe, worked with Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, known as the “Whampoa Military Academy in China's electronics and information technology domains”, to launch the Global EMBA (GEMBA) Program.
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education on Sino-foreign cooperation in education, emlyon GEMBA Program independently recruits participants and conducts admission tests in order to rigorously filter and select senior executives with rich management experience, innovation and strong willingness to learn. Upon completion of the Program, participants will be awarded an Executive MBA (EMBA) Degree by emlyon business school, who can also apply for degree certification of the Study Abroad Service Center of the Ministry of Education of China (under the Ministry of Education Sino-Foreign Cooperation in Education Approval No. MOE11FR1A20121201N).
Our vision: To create globalized early makers and pioneers in the digital era
Our mission: Committed to cultivating entrepreneurs and senior executives who are early makers with global vision in the era of digital transformation, and enhancing strategic decision-making, innovative thinking and international leadership of senior managers.
Duration: Two years in general, comprised of intensive 4-day monthly modules at weekends (from Thursday to Sunday)
Language: Mandarin & English (simultaneous interpretation service available)
Venue: Beijing, Shanghai & France
emlyon business school
emlyon business school was founded in 1872. It is one of the oldest business schools in Europe and among the 1% business schools in the world that have triple accreditation: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. With six campuses in Lyon, Paris, Saint-Étienne, Shanghai, Casablanca and Bhubaneswar, emlyon business school has an alumni network of over 31,000 in 122 countries, ten research centers and is home to France’s premier start-up incubator.
Facing the digital age, emlyon business school brought forward the new “early makers” concept and incorporated the cultivation of early makers into its strategy. In this complex and ever-changing era, we hope that the early makers can act fast, think nimbly and solve problems creatively, with strong adaptability and a global perspective.
- #3 in France, Master in Finance, QS Business Masters Ranking 2019
- #2 in France, Le Point Ranking 2019
- #2 business school in France, #34 in the world, Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2023)
- Top 21 in Europe, Financial Times European Business School Rankings 2023
- #3 business school in France, Le Parisien Top Business School Ranking 2023
▲ emlyon business school
Partner: Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Founded in 1955, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) is the first postal and telecommunications university in China after liberation and is known as the “Whampoa Military Academy in China’s electronics and information technology domains”.
- In 1960, it was named as one of 64 key educational institutions in China.
- In 1998, it became one of the first 61 “Project 211” institutions in China.
- BUPT School of Economics and Management responds to the “Internet+ Strategic Action Plan” proposed by the Chinese government, focuses on the characteristics of “Combining technology with management and science with art”, and is committed to foster future business leaders in China and across the world under the guidelines of “IT reliance and industry specialization”.
▲ Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- The partnership of leading institutions in China and in the world supported by top-notch faculty
As one of top-ranking business schools, emlyon business school boasts rich resources of education and alumni network in the fields of innovation, branding, luxury, sports and culture industries. On the other hand, BUPT, as a key university directly subordinated to the Ministry of Education, is known as the "Whampoa Military Academy” in China's electronics, information technology, communication and internet domains. At emlyon GEMBA Program, these two powerful institutions join hands in terms of faculty and industry resources.
- Digital transformation accelerated by innovative curriculum
Innovation is emlyon’s DNA, which is committed to fostering more forward-looking, knowledgeable and creative "early makers". The school took the lead in reforming the model of GEMBA Program in China by significantly increasing the courses of innovation and digital transformation in order to stimulate the participants to become “early makers” and help them and their startups to grow rapidly.
- Worldwide integrated education in Europe, Africa and Asia
In order to achieve global deployment, emlyon business school has established campuses in Europe, Africa and Asia, including Lyon, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Casablanca，Paris and Bhubaneswar. Our students and participants will share global educational resources and travel to different campuses every year for communication, study and visit, who will truly enjoy the benefits of worldwide integrated education.
- Selection of best participants through independent admission tests
As a Sino-foreign cooperative education program approved by the Ministry of Education, after graduation with a master’s degree, the participants can apply for the Certificate of Foreign Academic Degrees. The Program engages in independent enrollment and candidates don’t need to sit in GRK or GCT-ME. In order to pick up outstanding executives, the school will conduct rigorous background reviews and examinations to assess the candidates’ innovation and learning capacity.