emlyon business school is seeking faculty candidates at Associate / Full professor Levels, in the areas of Marketing, AI / Digital Technology in Business, Organization Behavior, and Strategy. These full time positions are open immediately until filled, at emlyon business school’s Shanghai campus. The selected candidates will collaborate closely with our existing team of faculty and staff.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in business related areas and have a strong research orientation. This orientation should be demonstrated by a publication track record in highly regarded international journals.
- Applicants should have strong connection with the industries and demonstrate good understanding of the latest digital practice of the industries.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate good teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, including executive programs.
- Successful candidates should have very good communication skills and should be able to teach in English. Chinese speaking is a plus.
- Successful applicants should be based in or be ready to move to China.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, (2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events). Qualified applicants are senior or mid-careers, with strong academic qualifications including publication in top SSCI journals. They are capable of teaching in English (Chinese is a plus). They should have established research record in one or several of these fields and good understanding of the latest digital practice of the industries. They need to be ready to teach different courses (ranging from undergraduate courses, to more advanced executive courses). They also need to be able to supervise DBA students in their dissertation writing.
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply. Salary and compensations are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs, including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. The school reaches the top 3 of the best French business schools in the Management category.
A world-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research informs the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts six campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar, and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long entrepreneurship tradition and a solid digital industry.
- About emlyon business school : http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- Recent teaching evaluations
- A current vita (with detailed publication information, papers under review, working paper and project in progress)
- A copy of two significant publications or working papers
- The name and contact of three references
- Interested candidates should send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with title: “Application for emlyon Asia – Name – Academic Area - Position”.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as the review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.