About emlyon business school
Founded in 1872 by the Lyon CCI, emlyon business school has an enrollment of 9,050 students of 125 nationalities over 6 campuses worldwide (Lyon-Ecully, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Paris, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai). emlyon draws on a Faculty of 170 international professors and researchers, and a network of 190 global academic partners, to provide learning tracks of excellence and open to the world. emlyon runs a 3 community of 41,700 alumni spread out in 130 countries.
As a Société à Mission since July 2021, emlyon’s raison d’être consists in: “providing life-long training and support to meaningful individuals able to transform organizations, for a fairer society, with more solidarity and respect for the planet.” In its early makers pedagogy, action and reflection are closely intertwined. Skill hybridization and social responsibility are at the heart of its training programs, where the best of both socio-economic and academic worlds meet.
The year 2007 saw the inception of emlyon business school Asia in Shanghai. The school currently offers overseas bachelor and master programs, GEMBA and GDBA courses, and diversified EDP courses. In 2013, emlyon Asia joined hands with Beijing University of Post & Telecommunication, China’s most prestigious institute of higher learning in electronic information, initiating the BUPT-emlyon GEMBA program. In 2015, emlyon, together with China’s double-first-class East China Normal University, Minhang District government of Shanghai City and Shanghai Zizhu National High-tech Industrial Development Park, founded Asia Europe Business School. In 2021, emlyon Asia and Shanghai International Studies University jointly built the SISU-emlyon Dual-Degree MBA program. In 2023, a Bachelor of Science program in Data Science was launched in collaboration with Harbin Institute of Technology. In 2023, a joint program in New Media Management and Digital Economy was launched in cooperation with Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
In building an industry-university-academia triple helix ecosystem and training international industry leaders, emlyon business school has established a number of centers, including Good Business Centre (GBC), Centre for the Eurasian Sport Industry (CESI) and Global HR & Organization Innovation Center (GHOIC) and Business Intelligence Center (BIC). More research centers will be set up to realize resource sharing and value creation.
Early makers are people who can take their destiny into their own hands, who shape and mould their existence as part of a collaborative process, moving from “Do It Yourself” to “Do It Together”. They are innovators who can bring their projects to fruition, who move from concept to prototype, who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again, and learn as they go.
Rankings & Accreditation
Only 1% of business schools worldwide have received three major international accreditations.
- #2 in France, Le Point Ranking 2021
- #4 in France, Palmarès Le Figaro 2023 :
- #1 in France for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Le Point Ranking 2021
- #2 in France, Times Higher Education (THE ) Global University Employability Ranking 2022.
- #2 in France, Times Higher Education (THE ) Global Social and Economic Impact Ranking 2022.
- #12 in Europe, Financial Times European Business School Ranking 2022
- #3 in France, IMBA, Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2020
- #7 worldwide, Masters in Management, Financial Times Global Masters in Management Ranking 2023
- #17 worldwide, Masters in Finance, Financial Times Global Masters in Finance Ranking 2023
- #23worldwide, Executive Education, Financial Times Global Executive Education Ranking 2023
- #47 worldwide and Top 5 in France, Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2022
- #3 in France and #30 worldwide, The Economist Which MBA? Rankings 2022
- #2 Management Education in France and #3 Business Administration Education in France, Shanghai Ranking
- #4 in France, Business and Management Studies, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- #4 in France and #8 worldwide, Masters in Marketing, QS Business Masters Ranking 2022
- #4 in France and #12 worldwide, Masters in Management, QS Business Masters Ranking 2022
- #4 in France and #16 worldwide, Masters in Finance, QS Business Masters Ranking 2022
- #4 in France and #23 worldwide, Masters in Business Analytics, QS Business Masters Ranking 2022
- #4 in France #24 worldwide, QS EMBA Rankings 2022